|Effects||Resurrects Hero/ine upon death|
|Cost to buy||depth 6 = 500g|
|Cost to sell||50g|
The Ankh is an item that automatically resurrects the Hero/ine upon death.
Description[edit | edit source]
|The ancient symbol of immortality grants an ability to return to life after death. Upon resurrection all non-equipped items are lost.|
Use[edit | edit source]
If the Hero/ine dies with Ankh in his/her inventory, s/he will resurrect at the depth s/he died at, losing all gold and all unequipped items, except Lloyd's Beacon, the Armor Kit, and the Amulet of Yendor.
When the Hero/ine dies at a boss depth, the depth will be reset. However, if s/he dies at any other depth, s/he will be resurrected on the same depth; and it will remain the same.
Obtaining[edit | edit source]
Tips[edit | edit source]
- You are able to buy more than 1 Ankh, but this is not recommended, as only 1 Ankh will be used while the other(s) get destroyed. However, if you are very close to death, and have multiple Ankh, it is recommended you drop/throw the spare, so you can pick it up later.
- If death is imminent due to starvation or poison and the Hero/ine is out of potions, consider splurging in the shop (especially if there’s another Ankh), then dropping all non-equipped items except for one Ankh. The death will then return you to full health and satiety, and you can just pick up the rest of your items again.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Ankh is based off of the Egyptian ankh.
- The Ankh is one of the most expensive items in the Shop.
- If you use the Ankh after death during a boss depth, the boss will respawn with a different name.
- There is an option to fight or give up with the Ankh. Choosing to give up will erase the game.
History[edit | edit source]
|0.3||ADDED to the game|
|0.4.3||Fixed: Bugfix eliminated the "Ankh-farming" exploit.|