Blobs are non-anchored areas that can evolve (move and/or spread) under certain conditions, and that have specific effects on characters and/or items present in that area.
- Confusion Gas
- Paralytic Gas
- Sacrificial Fire
- Toxic Gas
- Water of Awareness
- Water of Health
- Water of Transmutation
- Well Water
- Fire, Gas, & Regrowth propagates/spreads cardinally (plus-shaped pattern, not diagonally). Be mindful of which direction you decide to retreat to, in order to avoid their debuffs and to use the space of the room more effectively.
- A property unique to gases is that they fade away faster based on how many tiles are around it (expect toxic gas in a 30x30 room to fade away faster than a 3x3 room). This makes them way more effective on small rooms than large ones.
- Yog's burning fist can generate fire around it every second turn
- DM-300 has a cloud of toxic gas following it constantly.
- Frost covers its area of effect uniformly in all directions. The distance it covers depends on the source – potions of frost freeze a 5x5 area, while icecap plants only a 3x3 area. Frost blobs do not persist and will vanish 1 turn after they appeared.
- Webs generated by cave spinners while fleeing will root the Hero for
7turns when stepped into, and will disappear on their own in
- Sacrificial fire and the water of awareness/health/transmutation are all permanent blobs that only disappear if you interact with them, by either stepping on them, throwing an item or killing mobs affected by sacrificial fire.
- Sacrificial fire grants the marked for sacrifice debuff and spawns the scroll of wipe out if all the requirements are met.
- Foliage blob present in Garden rooms grants the shadowmelded buff and makes the grass regrow, even if it was turned to embers with fire.
- Alchemy and well water blobs are purely decorative, and they do not alter the properties of a tile.
|0.5.1||Changed: Frost extinguishes fire|
|0.5.3||Fixed: Bug with Blobs (i.e. fire, gases, et c.)|
|0.5.4||Added: New visual effects for gases, fire, et c.
Changed: Toxic Gas displaces Paralytic Gas
|1.7.2||Changed: Toxic gas (slightly)|
|1.9.0||Added: Sacrificial Fire|