Mods extend the Pixel Dungeon source code to add additional features or tweaks. This page lists most of the available mods:
- The first 4 tables list mods that are fully functional and contribute something original to the source material they use. Most of them are available in English, and many also in other languages of Europe and America.
- The 5th table lists mods using mostly Asian languages. They are only partially, or not translated to English at all, and a considerable amount of the game messages show up as errors or display the game's original language. This division-arrangement takes only into account the languages mostly used by the wiki's audience, and has no other purpose.
Readers interested in the other languages that are available for playing Original PD or some of its mods can visit this wiki page. Moreover, desktop pc users that are looking only for variants playable in their device without the need of an emulator should better visit this category page.
- The 6th table lists broken, hacked, clone/impostor or illegitimate mods and mods with game messages difficult to understand because of their flawed format, mostly for documentation reasons.
Pixel Dungeon has over 150 mods; 25+ of them currently in active development, and 40+ of them with source code available. 10 of these mods are simply clones of original Pixel Dungeon or other mods.
If you follow the links to the mods' main pages, in their infobox you will often see the ordinal number of their first release in comparison to the other mods. Moreover, this number will be displayed in a different color, according to the current state of the mod:
- Green → actively developed
- Light Blue → completed
- Red → abandoned
- Yellow → on hiatus
Readers who are interested in more details about the definition of modding, or about the general characteristics of the Pixel Dungeon mods' ecosystem can also visit the page about mods' general features of the wiki. There is also a page dedicated to the developers of mods, which is mostly a resource for readers wanting to communicate with a specific developer, but also serves as an explicit acknowledgment of their contributions by the wiki. Lastly, readers who are interested in specific Pixel Dungeon versions (for example mods of Shattered PD that implement 2.5D graphics) might find useful this page about the generations of Pixel Dungeon mods.
Notes: The tables' lists are sorted alphabetically by default, but readers can click on the arrow inside the "Last Update" box, to rearrange the lists from more recently updated mod to more formerly updated mod. The "zero dates" have obviously no meaning by themselves and were added to make the mods with a completely unknown date or with a vague date compatible to sorting adjustments. Also, mobile device users that encounter difficulties in viewing the tables might solve the problem by going to their browser's settings and switching "Mobile view" to "Desktop/PC view". If that doesn't work, they can find a concise list of the mod pages' links in the end of this page, but without any other info that the tables also include.
Moreover, for almost all the mods with no page in the wiki and for a few mods with various issues but which were considered worthwhile for a download link to get offered for them, there is also a link leading to the source code of each one. This is a minimal cure for the lack of a wiki page for these mods, as readers who are familiar with java can at least visit their repositories and gather some info by reading the files of the source code.
Disclaimer: This list does not contain all of the available mods. Currently 92 mods are listed in the first five tables (8+16+48+15+6) and 22 in the last table; 115 in total.
|Mod name||Highlights||Author & direct parent fork:||Download||Last update
||Github||2021-03-07 (0.6.0 lite fix)|
|Fushigi No PD||
|No Name Yet PD||
||Google Play||2019-10-25 (0.7.5)|
|SPecial Surprise PD||
||Github||2020-04-12 (0.9.4 Testers' Party - The Start)|
||Google Play||2017-03-09 (0.4.2 beta)|
|Yet Another PD||
||Google Play||2019-08-14 (0.3.2a+)|
- Dates' last update: 2020-08-11
|Mod Name||Highlights||Author & direct Parent fork:||Download||Last Update
||Cursed Pixel Dungeon is often updated, so if you are interested in its latest beta you should better visit Cursed Pixel Dungeon's discord subchannel. On the other hand, if you would prefer its last publicly released version, you can download it from this Google Drive link||2019-10-21 (last public version 2.0)
Note though that as of July of 2020 its latest beta is v.3.9
||Average Mormon Gamer
||Google Drive||2015-12-15 (0.1.6)|
|Easier Sprouted PD||
||Google Sites||2017-10-22 (171125 Final)|
||Google Play||2018-07-06 (1.5.4)|
Also takes features from Remixed, Unleashed, Sprouted, YAPD, Moonshine.
This mod had a previous incarnation also with many updates.
||Dreamfools dev. team
This mod is currently under complete redesign by its team.
||AnonymousPD (i.e. TypedScroll)
||Play Store Github||2018-12-14 (0.3.0 Fix 6)|
||Google Drive||2015-05-19 (1.0.8)|
||Google Play||2020-06-13 (0.4.5 Build 106)|
||Dropbox||2019-09-22 (0.0.3 Indev)|
- Dates' last update: 2020-06-23
|Mod Name||Highlights||Author & direct Parent fork:||Download||Last Update
||Google Drive android||2018-04-21 (v.0.2.8)|
||Play Store||2019-02-10 (2.1 language attempt)|
|Desktop version (Watabou & Arcnor - LibGDX port)||
||Arcnor & Watabou
||Watabou's webpage||2014-11-23 (1.7.2a)|
|Desktop version 1.9.1||
|Dungeon Run WIP||
|Easier Vanilla PD||
||Google Drive||2016-07-29 (0.0.2)|
||Easy Casual Games
||Frog the Turtle Cultist
||Google Drive||2019-10-17 (0.7.4c)|
|Girls' Frontline PD||
|Harder Sprouted PD||
||Harder Sprouted Pixel Dungeon is most probably completed, and you can download its latest public release from the mod's github. Nevertheless, if you want to be totally sure about what is its most recently released update you can visit Harder Sprouted PD's discord subchannel.||2020-05-20 (Public release v.1.1)|
||Google Drive||2015-05-14 (1.7.5aa)|
|Hell Dungeon Rewarded||
||Play Store||2015-06-05 (22.0)|
|Jojo's Bizarre Adventure (죠죠의 기묘한 던전)||
||Play Store||2020-05-05 (v.er5.1)|
||Google Drive||2014-10-20 (2.7.2e)|
|Loot Dungeon Shattered||
||v.1: CaptainTotes & SariusDev
|2018-11-04 (v.2 beta)
2016-06-25 (v.1 1.2a)
|Mo' Food Mod PD||
||Jan A. Neumann
||Microsoft Store - free||2018-06-00
||Sand from Glass
|PD Easy Mode||
||Google Drive||2014-07-28 (1.7.1c)|
||Google Drive||2015-07-20 (0.2a)|
||Play Store||2018-04-28 (184.108.40.206)|
||Dropbox||2015-06-03 (beta 1.021)|
||Google Drive||2018-10-16 (0.7.0)|
||Google Drive||2017-03-14 (0.3.1)|
|Rat King Dungeon||
||Available only in reddit and only on April 1st||2019-04-01
Reissued for only one day every year by 00-Evan in reddit
||Discord||2019-11-03 (v.0.1.1 indev)|
|Shattered Trap Dungeon||
||Google Play||2015-03-07 (0.2.3f_wm1)|
||Google Play||2020-02-05 (v.1.1)|
|Too Cruel PD||
||Dreamfools dev. team
||Google Drive||2015-11-12 (1.9.1)|
||Google Drive||2018-03-19 (0.1.0)|
||Developer's site||2015-07-05 (1.7.5a Undegraded)|
|Yet Another Shattered Dungeon||
||Yet Another Shattered Dungeon is often updated, so if you are interested in its latest beta you should better visit Yet Another Shattered Dungeon's discord subchannel. On the other hand, if you would prefer its last stable version, you can download it from the mod's github||2020-05-20 (v.3.6 - stable)
Note though that as of July of 2020 its latest beta is v.4.6
||Google Play||2015-02-11 (1.0c)|
- Dates' last update: 2020-09-20
|Mod Name||Highlights||Author & direct Parent fork:||Download||Last Update
Shatered PD v.0.7.5
|Source code Github||2020-03-31|
|Chernog: Fortress of the Mad Admiral RPG||
||Play Store (Note that it is not free, but sold for 0.8 €)||2019-02-28
||Github (source code)||2014-10-06|
||Source code Github||2020-09-21|
– Original PD, Shattered PD, Original PD’s Legacy Mode, Easy Dungeon, Mo’ Food Mod, Ripped PD
|Download Google Drive||2015-01-00 (lobby 0.5.6)|
||Google Drive||2019-03-09 (1.0)|
||Note that the application is not free, but sold for 4,50€ on Steam||0000-00-00|
||Source code Github||2019-04-03 (0.1 indev)|
||Source code Github||2016-05-30
||Source code Github||2014-10-08|
||Download Google Drive||2018-12-22 (0.4.1)|
||Source code Github||2015-07-11
||Source code Github||2019-08-20
||Source code Github||2017-12-31 (0.1.0a debug)|
- Dates' last update: 2020-09-23
|Mod Name||Language||Download||Version, Comments, Author|
|像素地牢(繁體中文版)||Chinese (Taiwan)||ApkPure||Based on original PD v. 1.9.1.
Traditional chinese translation.
Not available in english at all.
More drops, somewhat easier.
Author: Kurt Yu
|日本語版 Shattered PD||Japanese||Play Store||Based on shattered PD v.0.6.5c.
Not available in English at all.
|Corrupted PD||Chinese||Google Drive||Based on shattered PD v.0.4.3c
Only Shattered's original content
available in English
New class, new stats (mana, wisdom, agility), new items and buffs.
|DaiDuo Dungeon||Chinese||Google Drive||Based on shattered PD (pre 2.5d graphics update)
Only Shattered's original content available in English.
Existence of depth 0, New items, New enemies & NPCs, Several bugs.
|Teller's PD||Chinese||Google Drive||Based on Shattered PD
Not available in English at all
Rework of damage handling, Off-hand weapons, Counterattack, New weapons.
|Touhou PD (Full name: Yoruitaru TouHou Dungeon)||Chinese||Google Drive||Based on shattered PD, but borrows sprites from various mods.
Not available in English.
Hundreds of new items, +20 Characters, Optional Depths, Lots of new enemies
Non linear depth system.
|Mod Name||Problem||Parent Fork
& Developer's Name
|Brave Dungeon||Broken controls & Laggy movement||Original PD (v.1.7.5)
Author: Evie's Games
|Classic Dungeon - Pure
& Better Pixel Dungeon
|Clone of Shattered PD||Shattered PD (v.0.7.3)
"Author": Simulation Games Studio
|Deep Dungeon||Clone of Original PD, just has
pre-revealed maps by default
|Original PD (v.1.7.2a)
||Original PD v.1.9.1 (Dixel v. r60)
Author:Arfonzo J. Coward
|Dragonic PD||An exception among these mods,
|Shattered PD (v.0.6.1b)
|Dungeon Frenzy||Clone of Original PD||Original PD (v.1.8.0)
"Author": Joe Caraccio
|Easy PD Unreleased||Broken apk, does not open||Shattered PD (v.???),
|Escape Dungeon||Clone of Original PD||Original PD (v.1.9.1)
"Author": Dot Lab
|EZ Dungeon||Ascension crashes game &
Broken color palette
|Original PD (v.1.7.2)
Author: Appliance Paul
|Final PD||Its only addition currently is
the availability of map seeds,
but the game either crashes
when using them, or they
don't work properly.
|Shattered PD (v.0.7.3b)
Author: Gaussian Wonder
|Halloween PD||Clone of Original PD,
Broken color palette
|Original PD (v.1.9.1)
"Author": Bluedeep Studios
|Hero! Dungeon Pixel Word: Star /
Multilanguage of Pixel Dungeon /
Pixel Dungeon: Heros and Monstres /
The 6 Superhero Dungeon Island
|Clone of very old Remixed
Dungeon. It appears with
all the different names
mentioned to the lleft, but it is
the same clone as it keeps its logo.
|Remixed (26.1 fix 3)
|PD: Mod many lives||Hacked version of Original PD||Original PD (v.1.9.2)
|Pixel Maze||Illegetimate visual remake of Original PD
(violates the GPL v3 license)
|Original PD (v.1.6.4)
Author: Red Point Labs
||Remixed v.25.4 fix 1 (Ponies v. alpha 0.1)
Author:A Wolf. & Michael Pinnegar
|Pixel Underworld||Clone of Original PD||Original PD (v.1.9.1)
"Author": Alo Game
|Reassembled PD||Heroes are not satiated by eating
or by drinking from a well of health
and they are always starving.
|Shattered PD (v.0.6.5c)
|Retro Dungeon Cool PD RPG Game||Clone of Shattered PD||Shattered PD (0.7.3)
"Author": Role Playing Games Sudio
|Retro PD - Classic Retro RPG Game||Clone of Shattered PD||Shattered PD (0.7.3)
"Author": Arcade Games Studio
|Statistics Pixel Dungeon||The game always crashes in Demon Halls.||Shattered PD (v.0.6.5)
|Super PD||Clone of old Remixed
|Remixed (26.2 fix 3)
|Userspace PD||Broken apk, does not open||Original PD (v.1.9.1)
We generally don't offer download links for many of the applications of the last table, because they are described as essentially problematic for one reason or another. The five exceptions are for the three mods that crash only during end-game (Dragonic PD, Dixel Pungeon, Statistics PD), the mod that crashes only when the hero ascends (EZ Dungeon), and the mod that crashes randomly but not always (Pixel Ponies).Moreover, most of the mods of this table have no page in the wiki: the broken/clone/hacked etc. mods will never have one for obvious reasons (at least not until they fix their core problems), but Dixel Pungeon, Pixel Ponies! and Statistics PD have a wiki page because of their interesting original content. For the same reason, of them having interesting original content, Dragonic PD could also end up having a page in the wiki, if a contributor is willing to write and add a page about it, and in any case they it is not banned from having one.
- Dixel Pungeon is a rather interesting mod with a lot of original content added to it, nevertheless it almost always becomes broken on the Yog-Dzewa depth, as the depth generation for that depth is flawed and the hero spawns in an isolated room without exit and outside of the main arena.
- Dragonic PD is a very promising but currently in hiatus mod of Shattered PD that adds many depths and dragons in its gameplay. Nevertheless, in its current version the game might crash after the hero descends to the new depths, always crashes after the hero ascends from them, and only its 2 new classes (Dragonknight, Viking) are practically playable, as all the rest are too weak to survive in the game, so although it has some very good qualities, it is objectively a semi-broken mod.
- Although this mod is of rather low quality due to its crashing and visual problems mentioned above, some players might still want to give it a try, so a download link for it is offered.
- Pixel Ponies! is a very interesting mod due to its theme and original content, but many players have reported frequent game crashes and corrupted save files for it, while one the developers has described this mod as very prone to game crashes due to its uncompleted state. That said, unlike other mods of this list, it is not certain that a game run will crash in this mod and it is more a matter of chance.
- Reassembled PD does not have any other issue in its gameplay apart from the heroes always starving, and it functions as if the "On diet" challenge is always selected. Nevertheless, it does not seem to add any new features to Shattered PD's gameplay apart from a Satiety bar below the HP bar, which basically counts the negative levels of hunger for the starving heroes. As a result, there is no actual reason to play this mod instead of Shattered PD with the "On Diet" challenge selected.
Omicronrg9's mod charts posts work in reddit has contributed much to the completeness of info displayed in all tables but especially in the fifth and sixth. It should be noted that Omicronrg9 also documents the existence of 4 more mods and mentions the few details he could find about them, but those details were not enough for them to be included to the above tables. These mods are: Browser Vanilla PD, Dungeon Drill, Pixel Dungeon C++, and Pixel Dungeon for a Texas Calculator.
Readers who are interested in details about a specific mod with a page in the wiki should either follow one of the links listed inside the bullets below or inside each mod's box in the tables above.
Concise non-table version of the mods' list above
Currently the wiki hosts 726 pages. The big majority of them is about Watabou's Original PD or general PD features, but there is also a decent amount of pages, 178, about mods (category pages are also included in the numbers):
- 35 about Shattered PD (Category page),
- 26 about Special Surprise PD (Category page),
- 18 about Sprouted PD (Category page),
- 13 about Yet Another PD (Category page),
- 6 about No Name Yet PD (Category page)
- 3 about Darkest PD (Category page), Fushigi No PD (Category page), and Remixed Dungeon (Category page), 9 in total
- 1 (detailed or short) about 30iDburg PD, ASCII Dungeon, Classic Dungeon, Chancel PD, Cursed PD, Deistic PD, Desktop version 1.9.1, Desktop version (Watabou & Arcnor - LibGDX port), Dixel Pungeon, Dungeon Run WIP, Easier PD, Easier Sprouted PD, Easier Vanilla PD, Easy Dungeon, Experienced PD, Frog PD, Girls' Frontline PD, Goblins PD, Harder Sprouted PD, Hell Dungeon, Hell Dungeon Rewarded, Jojo's Bizarre Adventure (죠죠의 기묘한 던전) 3D PD, Loot Dungeon, Loot Dungeon Shattered, Lovecraft PD, Lustrous PD, Minecraft PD I & II, Mo' Food Mod PD, Moonshine PD, Overgrown PD, Palantir, Perfect PD, PD +, PD 2, PD Easy, PD Easy Mode, PD Echo, PD Legends, PD ML, PD Prayers, Phoenix PD, Pixel Ponies!, Pixel unDungeon, Plugin PD, Prismatic PD, Random Dungeon, Rat King Dungeon, Remake PD, Re-Remixed Dungeon, Ripped PD, Rivals PD, Shattered Trap Dungeon, Skillful PD, Soft PD, Summoning PD, Survival PD, Too Cruel PD, Tunable PD, Unbreakable PD, Undegraded PD, UNIST PD, Unleashed PD, Yet Another Shattered Dungeon Your PD (65 pages).
- 5 about mods in general (the one you are now reading, one about Mods generally, one about mod Developers, one about Translated/Non-english mods, and a page about Mod Generations based on their parent version)
- For mobile device users who can't view the above tables easily, here are also the download links and not page links to the mods a) mentioned in the "no page" table: Added PD, Chernog FOTMA, Hollow Dungeon android, Hollow Dungeon PC, Jumpy Rat, Open PD, PD Brazil, PD Origins, Pioneer, Pixel's Dungeon, Regrown PD, Shattered Ice Dungeon, SPDNet, Torment PD, b) the "not fully available in languages of Europe and America" table: 像素地牢(繁體中文版), 日本語版 Shattered PD, Corrupted PD, DaiDuo Dungeon, Teller's PD, Touhou PD, and c) the "mods with various issues" table: Dragonic PD, EZ Dungeon, Statistics PD (this is the only page link). Note that, as the tables' titles suggest, players who only speak English will encounter trouble in playing the second subgroup of mods, and players in general will encounter serious flaws in the design of the third subgroup of mods.
An overview in names and numbers
- There are 177 pages about mods in total in the wiki, (including the 7 mod category pages and the 4 general mod pages in this number, so 166 pages with content about specific mods). Regardless of their number of pages, the mods that have information about them displayed in at least one wiki page are currently 72: 죠죠의 기묘한 던전 (Jojo's Bizarre Adventure). 3D PD, 30iDburg PD, ASCII Dungeon, Classic Dungeon, Chancel PD, Cursed PD, Darkest PD, Deistic PD, Desktop version 1.9.1, Desktop version (Watabou & Arcnor - LibGDX port), Dixel Pungeon, Dungeon Run WIP, Easier PD, Easier Sprouted PD, Easier Vanilla PD, Easy Dungeon, Experienced PD, Frog PD, Fushigi No PD, Girls' Frontline PD, Goblins PD, Harder Sprouted PD, Hell Dungeon, Hell Dungeon Rewarded, Loot Dungeon, Loot Dungeon Shattered, Lovecraft PD, Lustrous PD, Minecraft PD I & II, Mo' Food Mod PD, Moonshine PD, No Name Yet PD, Overgrown PD, Palantir, Perfect PD, PD +, PD 2, PD Easy, PD Easy Mode, PD Echo, PD Legends, PD ML, PD Prayers, Phoenix PD, Pixel Ponies!, Pixel unDungeon, Plugin PD, Prismatic PD, Random Dungeon, Rat King Dungeon, Remake PD, Remixed Dungeon, Re-Remixed Dungeon, Ripped PD, Rivals PD, Shattered PD, Shattered Trap Dungeon, Skillful PD, Soft PD, Special Surprise PD, Sprouted PD, Statistics PD, Summoning PD, Survival PD, Too Cruel PD, Tunable PD, Unbreakable PD, Undegraded PD, UNIST PD, Unleashed PD, Yet Another PD, Yet Another Shattered Dungeon, Your PD.
- On the other hand, 37 mods have no page at all in the wiki and are only mentioned here: 像素地牢(繁體中文版), 日本語版 Shattered PD, Added PD,
Brave Dungeon, Classic Dungeon - Pure & Better Pixel Dungeon, Chernog FOTMA, Corrupted PD, DaiDuo Dungeon, Deep Dungeon, Dragonic PD, Dungeon Frenzy, Easy PD Unreleased, Escape Dungeon, EZ Dungeon, Final PD, Halloween PD, Hero! Dungeon Pixel Word: Star etc., Hollow Dungeon, Jumpy Rat, Open PD, PD Brazil, PD: Mod many lives, PD Origins, Pioneer, Pixel Maze, Pixel's Dungeon, Pixel Underworld, Reassembled PD, Regrown PD, Retro Dungeon Cool PD RPG Game, Retro PD - Classic Retro RPG Game, Shattered Ice Dungeon, SPDNet, Super PD, Teller's PD, Torment PD, Touhou PD, Userspace PD. From the mods mentioned just above, the mods with a strikethrough over their name are either copies/clones/hacks of Original PD/another mod, or totally broken and unplayable, and as long as they retain their current form, they will keep not having a separate page in the wiki. These are 14 in total, so the actual number of mods with wiki pages for them being missing is 22. Note that it is absolutely sure that more mods than that exist currently, 72 + 36 = 108 is just the number of mods that the wiki knows about their existence and has access to them.
Your contributions are much appreciated
- Putting the mods with a strikethrough above their name aside, contributions in writing pages about the 22 mods with no page in the wiki are especially welcome, but in any case the wiki is grateful for any meaningful contribution to its pages, no matter if it is big or small, for a popular or a less popular mod etc. No previous communication is needed for contributing in the wiki, and anybody can write in it, even without having a Fandom account, but similarly to all Fandom pages new contributions are subject to possible edits by the wiki's content moderators and administrators.
- Contributors interested in the "no page mods" writing project should just have in mind that writing about 像素地牢(繁體中文版), Corrupted PD, DaiDuo Dungeon, Teller's PD, Touhou PD will demand good knowledge of Chinese, about 日本語版 Shattered PD of Japanese, about PD Brazil of Brazilian Portuguese, and about PD Origins, Torment PD of Russian (9 in total). Mods with no page in the wiki that writing about them does not demand the knowledge of any language other than English are: Added PD, Chernog FOTMA, Dragonic PD, EZ Dungeon, Final PD, Jumpy Rat, Open PD, Pioneer, Pixel's Dungeon, Reassembled PD, Regrown PD, Shattered Ice Dungeon, SPDNet (13 in total).
All items (90)
- Perfect Pixel Dungeon
- Phoenix Pixel Dungeon
- Pixel Dungeon +
- Pixel Dungeon 2
- Pixel Dungeon Easy
- Pixel Dungeon Easy Mode
- Pixel Dungeon Echo
- Pixel Dungeon Legends
- Pixel Dungeon ML
- Pixel Dungeon Mods Generally
- Pixel Dungeon Prayers
- Pixel Dungeon Rescue
- Pixel Ponies!
- Pixel unDungeon
- Plugin Pixel Dungeon
- Prismatic Pixel Dungeon
- Shattered Pixel Dungeon
- Shattered Trap Dungeon
- Skillful Pixel Dungeon
- Soft Pixel Dungeon
- SPecial Surprise Pixel Dungeon
- Sprouted Pixel Dungeon
- Statistics Pixel Dungeon
- Summoning Pixel Dungeon
- Survival Pixel Dungeon