A Cursed item is an item that, once equipped, cannot be unequipped.
Any item generated with below a +0 level will be cursed.
Note: The Rat King room can generate degraded items (-3, -2, -1), but may not be cursed.
Knowing if an item is cursed Edit
- If an item is known to be cursed, the item's background will be red.
- You can discover if the item is cursed by using a Scroll of Identify.
- Items from Skeletal remains (and Hero's remains), that have a Wraith spawn, or a ring from the Ambitious imp, are always cursed.
- The item's description will say "You feel a malevolent magic lurking within."
Probability for an armor to be Cursed:
- See also: Game mechanics/Armor
How to remove the curse Edit
Keep in mind that, when using a Scroll of Remove Curse, the degradation values (-3, -2, -1) will still be on the weapon/armor/ring.
|1.6.3a||Fixed: Items now keep their Cursed state after reloading the game file.|