Note: This mod appears in two instances, which can lead to confusion about it being two separate but very similar mods:
- As a desktop version offered in Pixel Dungeon's webpage in the form of a java application by Watabou.
- As a desktop version offered in Arcnor's github repository in the form of a zip file with advice on how to compile and run the project with gradle.
Nevertheless, it is the same modification of Original PD, developed primarily by Arcnor with the support of the original developer Watabou. As running a java application is much easier than compiling and running it as a project with gradle, the download link offered in the infobox is to Pixel Dungeon's webpage.
This version is what its title says, a desktop variant of Original PD ported to the libGDX aplication framework, which allows for the development of desktop and mobile games by using the same code base (so this mod can actually run also in a mobile device with minimal adaptations). It is stated explicitly that it is based on version 1.7.2a of August 2014, so this is an alternative available for the haters of degradation, as degradation was implemented in version 1.7.4, but also it is rather old. Therefore it lacks important features of current Original PD:
- Auto-aiming of enemies with ranged weapons and wands is not available.
- Same wands don’t merge.
- Tengu does not drop a Tome of Remastery if the class has already obtained the Tome of Mastery in a previous run.
- The Berserker perk: "The more enemies surrounding the Berserker, the faster he performs his attacks" is missing.
- The Sacrificial Chamber and the scroll of Wipe Out don't exist.
- The second quickslot doesn't exist.
- The bomb and honeypot items are missing.
- The wand of Telekinesis is still available and is not replaced by the wand of Reach.
- Wands don't get auto-identified after 40 uses.
(for a fuller list of additions and changes until version 1.7.2 and afterwards you can visit this link)
Note: Readers interested in the most up to date desktop version of Original PD should try Desktop version 1.9.1 by LongstoneTorch.