|Spawns in|| |
|Walk speed||1 tile per turn|
|Immune to|| Amok|
|On damage||Nothing special|
|Attack delay||0.5 turns per attack|
|On hit|| Disarms Hero/ine (except Knuckleduster and cursed weapon) (|
| Max level|
| 21 for XP|
23 for drop
|Drops|| Ration of food (|
It has a
1/30 probability to spawn as a mutated Senior monk.
|These monks are fanatics, who devoted themselves to protecting their city's secrets from all aliens. They don't use any armor or weapons, relying solely on the art of hand-to-hand combat.|
Although they walk normally, they use fast martial arts techniques, and will strike twice for every single attack made by the Hero/ine.
Occasionally, they will knock the Hero/ine’s weapon out of his/her hands, and onto the ground.
Sometimes, they can do this multiple times in succession, making them very dangerous & very annoying enemies; because every time the Hero/ine picks up and equips the weapon, they will have a chance to hit the Hero/ine and knock the weapon out of his/her hands again.
Exercise extreme caution when multiple monks are in the area.
- 2 attacks per turn.
- Chance to knock the weapon out of the Hero/ine’s hands (except knuckledusters and cursed weapons).
- If a Senior monk hits you, there is a chance you will be paralyzed.
- If more than one monk approaches you, try to get in a corridor, or behind a door, so you can slay them one by one.
- If you see a monk from far away, use ranged weapons, or wands, to lower his health before he gets into melee range.
You can also substantially reduce their hitpoints by poisoning them (with a Wand of Poison, or by throwing a Seed of Sorrowmoss into their path); keep moving away from them until the poison effect ends (to maximize damage).
Alternatively, you can set them on fire with a Wand of Firebolt, or a Seed of Firebloom, but beware of flammable terrain.
- Dwarf monks can’t disarm you if you are using a knuckleduster! It would be a good idea to carry one around, for when you encounter a Dwarf monk. Enchanted ones are better!
- The senior monk’s paralysis can be countered/prevented by drinking a Potion of Purification as soon as he reaches melee distance.
- If you are backing away, remember that they attack twice, so don't tap the screen to move until they are finished.
If you tap the screen after their first attack, their second can knock your weapon away, then you will automatically carry out the "move" command, and they will follow and stand on top of your weapon.
- Do not attempt to fight the monk while another enemy is present, or chasing you.
- The only time it's relatively 'safe' to be Paralyzed is when the Hero/ine is already Starving. (The debuff 'ends sooner' when starving, and 'lasts longer' when satiated.)
|0.4||ADDED to the game|
|0.5.2||Added: Rare enemies (Senior Monk)|