Eating food takes 3 turns.
List of food
Ration of food
- Main article: Ration of food
|Ration of food|
|Nothing fancy here: dried meat, some biscuits - things like that.|
- Main article: Pasty
|This is authentic Cornish pasty with traditional filling of beef and potato.|
Overpriced food ration
- Main article: Overpriced food ration
|Overpriced food ration|
|It looks exactly like a standard ration of food but smaller.|
- Main article: Mystery meat
|Eat at your own risk!|
- Main article: Chargrilled meat
|It looks like a decent steak.|
- Main article: Frozen carpaccio
|It's a piece of frozen raw meat. The only way to eat it is by cutting thin slices of it. And this way it's suprisingly[sic] good.|
Food generation probabilities
|Ration of food||
Note: Although the other food types should be included, the table strictly follows the game's Java coding. So it should remain as is, until the code gets revised.
Food drop probabilities
- Ration of Food:
- Mystery Meat:
- Eat your Food Ration/Meat/Pasty after you've descended a depth, not right before, as descending/ascending stairs accelerates hunger/starvation.
- Eat the Food Ration/Meat/Pasty you have only after you've found the Food Ration that the depth generates; that way, you'll always be 1 Food Ration ahead and you'll always have 1 Food Ration/Pasty left for an emergency.
Food is very hard to collect, as there's usually only 1-2 portions of food at each depth.
- Dwarf monks also occasionally drop Rations of Food (1/12), which are completely safe for eating.
- Sewer crabs (1/6), Cave spinners (1/8), Scorpios (7/48), & Giant piranhas (100 % chance) drop Mystery meat, but you’ll need to change its state by either: