Overview[edit | edit source]
Loot Dungeon is one of the first generation mods of Original PD, released on October 20th, 2014 by Senri Hin/Dinjon and it is a peculiar case among the other mods of Original PD.
An undeniable virtue of this mod is that it is a visual remake of it that implements very well designed new graphics for all the sprites and tiles of the game, which are similar to those of indie japanese RPG games. This virtue becomes also a problem though, as the new sprites are totally irrelevant to the enemies of Pixel Dungeon and their new names is a combination of english and japanese words: for example the Marsupial rat is renamed to Yutairui Rat and looks like a walking red mushroom, the Sewer Crab is renamed to Gata Crab and looks like a walking blue mushroom, while the Rat King is renamed to Fauru King and looks like a Skeleton Knight etc. (nevertheless the game descriptions of all of them remain the same)
In addition, although this mod doesn't state explicitly the version of the Original it was based on, judging from the in-game evidence and that it names its version as 2.7.2, it was most probably based on version 1.7.2 of Original PD (it has the feature of immersive mod but not of the second quickslot), so many important features of the current Original PD are missing from it:
- Auto-aiming of enemies with ranged weapons and wands is not available.
- Same wands don’t merge.
- Tengu does not drop a Tome of Remastery if the class has already obtained the Tome of Mastery in a previous run.
- The Berserker perk: "The more enemies surrounding the Berserker, the faster he performs his attacks" is missing,
- The Sacrificial Chamber and the scroll of Wipe Out don't exist.
- The second quickslot doesn't exist.
- The bomb and honeypot items are missing.
- The wand of Telekinesis is still available and is not replaced by the wand of Reach.
- Wands don't get auto-identified after 40 uses.
(for a fuller list of additions and changes until version 1.7.2 and afterwards you can visit this link)