The mod Shattered Pixel Dungeon has many updates and is still being updated. There have been several changes in each update.
Improvements to potions/scrolls
Added blandfruit, reworked dew vial
Added artifacts, reworked rings
Quests, Bosses, & Lore Pt.1 - the Sewers! This update adds & reworks content in the sewers:
- Added two new quests
- Removed dried rose quest
- Reworked the fight with Goo
- Reworked story texts & tip texts
- Visual reworks to sewer bosses
- Numerous issues fixed
Source code from 1.7.2 incorporated; full list of changes there.
Artifact additions & improvements
v1.7.5 Source Implemented, with exceptions:
- Degredation not implemented.
- Badge syncing not implemented.
- Scroll of Weapon Upgrade renamed to Magical Infusion, works on armor.
- Scroll of Enchantment not implemented, Arcane stylus has not been removed.
- Honey pots now shatter in a new item: shattered honeypot. A bee will defend its shattered pot to the death against anything that gets near.
- Bombs have been reworked/nerfed: they explode after a delay, no longer stun, deal more damage at the center of the blast, affect the world (destroy items, blow up other bombs).
In addition, this update features the following changes:
- The huntress has been buffed: starts with Potion of Mind Vision identified, now benefits from strength on melee attacks, and has a chance to reclaim a single used ranged weapon from each defeated enemy.
- A new container: The Potion Bandolier! Potions can now shatter from frost, but the bandolier can protect them.
- Shops now stock a much greater variety of items, some item prices have been rebalanced.
- Going down stairs no longer increases hunger, going up still does.
- Many, many bugfixes.
- Some UI improvements.
- In-game audio quality improved.
- Unstable spellbook buffed.
- Psionic blasts deal less self-damage.
- Potions of liquid flame affect a 3x3 grid.
- No longer starts with knuckledusters or a wand
- Can no longer equip wands
- Now starts with a unique mages staff, empowered with magic missile to start.
- Battlemage reworked, staff now deals bonus effects when used as a melee weapon.
- Warlock reworked, gains more health and fullness from gaining exp, but food no longer restores hunger.
General Wand Changes:
- Wand types are now known by default.
- Wands now each have unique sprites.
- Wands now cap at 10 charges instead of 9
- Wands now recharge faster the more charges are missing, for all classes.
- Self-targeting with wands is no longer possible.
- Wand recharge effects now give charge over time, instead of instantly.
- Wands can now be cursed!
All wands have been reworked!
- Magic Missile
- Fireblast (previously Firebolt)
- Venom (previously poison)
- Frost (previously Slowing)
- Blast Wave (previously Telekinesis)
- Corruption (previously Amok)
- Prismatic Light
- Ethereal Chains
- Lloyd’s Beacon
Misc. Balance Changes:
- Blessed Ankhs now revive at 1/4hp, but also grant initiative.
- Alchemist’s Toolkit removed (will be reworked) (bugged, can still drop atm, will patch)
- Chalice of blood nerfed, now regens less hp at high levels.
- Cape of Thorns buffed, now absorbs all damage, but only deflects adjacent attacks.
- Sandals of nature adjusted, now give more seeds, less dew.
- Hunger no longer increases while fighting bosses.
- Floor 1 now spawns 10 rats every time, exactly enough to level up.
- Scrolls of recharging and mirror image are now more common.
- Mimics are now less common, stronger, & give better loot.
- New app icon!
- Shading added to main game interface
- Buffs now have descriptions, tap their icons!
- Visual indicator added for surprising enemies
- Over 20 new traps (and tweaks to existing ones)
- Trap visuals overhauled
- Traps now get trickier deeper in the dungeon
- Trap room reworked to make use of new traps
- Ethereal chains now gain fewer charges the more charge they have.
- Staff of regrowth grants more herbal healing
- Monks now disarm less randomly, but not less frequently
- Invisibility potion effect now lasts for 20 turns, up from 15.
BIG UI Changes:
- Adjusted display scaling
- Search and Examine merged into one button (double tap to search)
- New max of 4 Quickslots!
- Multiple toolbar modes for large display and landscape users
- Ability to flip toolbar and indicators (left-handed mode)
- Reworked settings menu with lots of new controls
- All graphics settings are now accessible ingame
- More consistent text rendering
- Recent changes can now be viewed from the title screen
- Quickslots now autotarget enemies
- Resting now works while hungry and at max HP
- Dew drops no longer collect when at full health with no dew vial
- Items on the floor now stay visible in the fog of war
- Many bugfixes
v0.3.2 - "The Prison Rework!" Edit
"The Prison Rework!" Prison Rework!:
- Tengu boss fight completely redone
- Corpse dust quest overhauled
- Rotberry quest overhauled
- NEW elemental embers quest
- NEW prison mob: insane prison guards!
- Thieves can escape with a stolen item
- Gnoll shaman attack speed increased
BIG BALANCE CHANGES:
- Mastery Book is not attainable until floor 10, even when unlocked
- Many changes to compensate for Mastery Book changes (see below)
- Hunger damage now increases with hero level, but starts out lower
- Marsupial rat damage and evasion reduced
- Gnoll scout accuracy reduced
- Sewer crabs less likely to spawn on floor 3, grant more exp
- Fly swarms rebalanced, moved to the sewers
- Great Crab HP reduced
- Goo fight rebalanced
Base Class Changes:
- Mage's staff base damage increased
- Huntress now starts with 20 hp
- Huntress no longer heals more from dew
- Rogue's cloak of shadows now drains less while invisible
- Berserker now starts raging at 50 % hp (up from 40 %)
- Warden now heals 2 extra HP from dew
- Warlock completely overhauled
- Fixed 'white line' graphical artifacts
- Floor locking now pauses all passive effects, not just hunger
- Cursed chains now only cripple, do not root
- Warping trap is now more likely to put you at a deeper floor
- Various other bugfixes
v0.3.3 - "Google Play Games!" Edit
Support for Google Play Games:
- Badges can now sync across devices
- Five Google Play Achievements added
- Rankings sync will come in future
Press the controller button in the main menu to learn more
Shattered remains a 100 % offline game if Google Play Games is not enabled
- Tengu's maze is now different each time
- Items no longer auto-pickup when enemies are near
- Fixed several bugs with prison enemies
- Fixed some landscape window size issues
- Fixed other minor bugs
- Added support for reverse landscape
- Shattered now supports multiple languages
- New font
- Bug fixes
- Hunger now builds ~10 % slower
- Sad Ghost no longer gives tier-1 loot
- Sad Ghost gives tier-4/5 loot less often
- Burning now deals less damage at low HP
- Weakness no longer discharges wands
- Rockfall traps rebalanced
- Starting STR down to 10, from 11
- Short sword dmg down to 1-10, from 1-12
- Short sword can no longer be reforged
- Now IDs potions of health, not STR
- Now starts with a unique seal for armor
- Seal grants shielding ontop of health
- Seal allows for one upgrade transfer
- Bonus damage now scales with lost HP, instead of a flat 50 % at 50 % hp
- Berserker can now endure through death for a short time, with caveats
- Combo no longer grants bonus damage
- Combo is now easier to stack
- Combo now unlocks special finisher moves
- Spears can now reach enemies 1 tile away
- Wand of Blast Wave now pushes bosses less
- Can now examine multiple things in one tile
- Classic font added for Russian language
- Added Hungarian language
- Translation Updates
- Various bugfixes
New Equipment Content:
- 13 new weapons, 12 rebalanced weapons
- 3 new enchants, 10 rebalanced enchants
- 8 new glyphs, 5 rebalanced glyphs
- 12 new curse effects
- Curses now give negative effects
- Curses no longer give negative levels
- Upgrades now weaken curses
- Remove curse scrolls now affect 1 item
- Tier 2-4 weapons do more base damage
- All weapons gain more dmg from upgrades
- Upgrades now remove enchants less often
- Upgrades reduce str requirements less
- All armors require 1 more str
- Encumbered characters can't sneak attack
- Powerful equipment less common early
- +3 and +2 equipment less common
- Equipment curses more common
- Tier 1 equipment no longer drops
- Arcane styli slightly more common
- Better item drops on floors 22-24
- Huntress now starts with knuckleduster
- Assassin sneak bonus damage reduced
- Fixed a bug where berserker was immune when enraged
- Gladiator's clobber now inflicts vertigo, not stun
- Tengu damage increased
- Prison Guard health and DR increased
- Scrolls of upgrade no longer burn
- Potions of strength no longer freeze
- Translation updates
- Various bugfixes
Armor Balance Changes:
- Armor now has a min damage block value
- Armor gains more blocking from upgrades
- Prison+ enemy damage increased
- Evil Eyes reworked
Wand Balance Changes:
- All wands damage adjusted/increased
- Upgraded wands appear slightly less often
- Wand of Lightning bonus damage reduced
- Wand of Fireblast uses fewer charges
- Wand of Venom damage increases over time
- Wand of Pris-Light bonus damage reduced
- Corrupted enemies live longer & no longer attack eachother
- Wands in the holster now charge faster
Class Balance Changes:
- Mage's Staff melee damage increased
- Mage's Staff can now preserve one upgrade
- Cloak of Shadows buffed at lower levels
- Some Battlemage effects changed
Ring Balance Changes:
- Ring of Force weaker at 18+ strength
- Ring of Tenacity reduces more damage
- Ring of Wealth secret rewards adjusted
- Ring of Evasion now works consistently
Artifact Balance Changes:
- Dried Rose charges faster, ghost HP up
- Horn of Plenty now charges on exp gain
- Master Thieves Armband levels faster
- Sandals of Nature level faster
- Hourglass uses fewer charges at a time
Various Item Balance Changes:
- Many shop prices adjusted
- Piranha rooms no longer give cursed gear
- Brimstone glyph healing reduced
- Lucky enchant deals max dmg more often
- Dazzling enchant now cripples & blinds
- Flail now can't surprise attack
- Extra reach weapons no longer penetrate
- Added a new journal button with key display
- Keys now exist in the journal, not inventory
- Improved donator menu button visuals
- Chasms now deal less damage, but bleed
- Increased the efficiency of save data storage
- Translation updates
- Various bugfixes
- Many general performance improvements
- Game now uses 2 CPU cores, up from 1
- Reduced hitching on many devices
- Framerate improvements for older devices
- Game size reduced by ~10 %
- Spear and Glaive damage reduced
- Runic blade damage reduced
- Grim enchant now procs more often
- Glyph of stone adds more weight
- Glyph of potential procs less often
- Wand of Fireblast less dangerous to caster
- Wand of Pris. Light reveal area reduced
- Ring of Wealth slightly more effective
- Ring of Sharpshooting gives more accuracy
- Added rankings and hall of heroes sync
- Added Power Saver mode in settings
- Install size reduced by ~20 %
- Game now supports small screen devices
- Performance improvements
- Improved variety of level visuals
- Adjusted mage staff visuals
- Many bugfixes
- Flail damage increased
- Wand of Frost chilled damage reduced
- Ring of Furor speed bonus reduced
- Reduced bleed on sacrificial curse
v0.5.0 - "New Dungeon Visual Style!" Edit
- Walls and some terrain now have depth
- Characters and items are now raised and cast shadows
- Added a visible tile grid in the settings menu
- Quarterstaff armor bonus increased by 50 %
- Wand of Frost damage reduction against chilled enemies increased to 10 %
- Wand of Transfusion self-damage per zap reduced to 10 % max hp
- Dried Rose charges 20 % faster and the ghost hero is stronger, especially at low levels
Glyph Balance Changes:
- Entanglement activates less often but grants significantly more herbal armor
- Stone armor bonus reduced by 2
- Antimagic magical resist reduced from 1/2 to 1/3 of armor
- Viscosity damage rate increased by 50 %
v0.6.0 - "Levelgen overhaul!" Edit
v0.6.4 - "Challenge Rework" Edit
Challenges have received several major changes, with the goal of making them more fair and interesting:
- Challenges now have descriptions
- On Diet now provides small rations, rather than removing all food
- Cloth armor is now allowed in Faith Is My Armor
- Barren Land now allows seeds to drop, but they cannot be planted
- Swarm Intelligence now draws nearby enemies instead of all enemies
- Into Darkness now limits light more harshly, but provides torches
- Forbidden Runes now removes 50 % of upgrade scrolls, and no other scrolls
- Game now supports four save slots of any hero class
- Hero select and challenge select are now more streamlined and informative
- Hero select is now a window, offering more flexibility of where games can be started
- More details are now shown for games in progress before they are loaded
- Throwing Spears
- Stone Gauntlet
- Timekeeper's Hourglass
- Number of charges halved
- Time Freeze duration per charge doubled
- 5x stasis duration per charge
- Overall recharge speed increased at +0, but unchanged at +10
- Talisman of Foresight
- Charge speed increased by 20 % at +0, scaling to 50 % increased at +10
- Charge gain when discovering traps unchanged
- Inventory Changes
- Wand Holster is now the Magical Holster, and can store missile weapons in addition to wands
- Seed Pouch is now the Velvet Pouch, and can store runestones (aka Stones of Enchantment) in addition to seeds
- Every Hero starts the game with an extra container
- It is now possible to back up game data with ADB backup on android 4.0+ and android auto-backup on android 6.0+. Runs in progress are not backed up to prevent cheating.
- Firebloom plants no longer appear in garden rooms. Accidentally running into them is massively more harmful than any other plant.
- Mage and Warrior tutorial functionality removed
- Added a new visual effect to the loading screen
- Pirahna treasure rooms now have a one tile wide buffer.
- Bags are now unsellable.
- Dwarf King is now immune to blindness
- Data usage should be slightly reduced due to adjustments to sending gameplay data.
- Bug Fixes
- Crashes involving corrupted mimics
- Various rage crash bugs
- Various minor visual bugs
- Skeletons exploding when falling into chasms
- Thrown weapons lost when used on sheep
- Warden gaining benefits from rotberry bush
- Unstable enchant not being able to activate venom
- Rare cases where music wouldn't play
- Chance to resist paralysis is now based on all recent damage taken while paralyzed
- Enemies killed via chasms now award 50 % exp
- Grants healing significantly slower, scaling to ~40 % speed at high levels
- Taking damage no longer reduces healing
- Healing no longer disappears at full HP
- Earthroot now blocks up to a certain amount of damage, rather than 50 % damage
- Health potion drops now lower in probability more quickly after potions have already been dropped from a given enemy type.
v0.6.5 - "The Berserker Rework!" Edit
Berserker changes Edit
- Built by taking physical damage
- Fades over time
- Lasts longer at low HP
- Builds faster with better armor (damage reduction is ignored when calculating rage)
- Grants bonus damage, up to +50%
- Now requires full rage
- No longer reduces max HP
- Bonus shielding doubled
- Bonus damage reduced to 1.5x, down from 2x
- No longer reduces damage
- Instead prevents Berserker from gaining rage until recovered
Stone of Augmentation Edit
- Replaces Weightstone
- Can now also be used on armor to enhance speed or damage at the expense of the other
- Can be stored in Velvet Pouch
- Every shop now stocks a runestone of augmentation and an Ankh, instead of one or the other.
- Friendly curse makes weapons sometimes charm both you and the enemy
- Elastic curse lets weapons apply knockback, but reduces damage to 0
- Bulk curse makes armor large, slowing movement through doorways
- Overgrowth curse causes random plant effects when you are struck
- Wayward accuracy penalty reduced by 50%
- Added badges for winning with 3 challenges at once and 6 challenges at once
- 'Death by glyph' badge is now 'Death by deferred damage'.
- Removed rare monster slayer badge
Glyph Changes Edit
- Entanglement now only roots if you stand still
- Potential no longer self-damages and grants charge more consistently
- Viscosity now always defers some damage, rather than sometimes deferring all damage
- Stone reworked; it now sets evasion to 0 and grants armor in proportion to evasion
- Swiftness reworked; it now grants movement speed when no enemies are near
- Viscosity is now a common glyph, and Stone is now uncommon
Bug Fixes Edit
- Various rare crash bugs
- Anti-magic applying to elemental damage
- 'Happy end' badge not appearing in rankings
- 'Death from falling' badge not triggering
- Hero rarely appearing alive when dead
- Sungrass not interrupting resting at full hp
- Timekeeper's Hourglass unusable at 1 charge
- Artifacts appearing when blocked by a challenge
- Hero spending a turn before actually opening a lock
- Specific cases where an invisible hero would not surprise attack
- Shields granting full defense when hero does not have enough strength
- Base chance to deal 2x damage reduced to 50%, from 60%
- Each time 0x damage is dealt, the next hit will be much more likely to deal 2x damage
- Bone explosion damage up to 6-12 from 2-10
- Armor is now 2x effective against bone explosion, up from 0.5x
- Loot drop chance reduced to 1/8, from 1/5
Smoke Bomb Edit
- Now has a max range of 8
- No longer goes through walls
Spectral Blades Edit
- Now has a max range of 12
Miscellaneous Changes Edit
- All bags now have 20 spaces.
- Updated sprites for runestones and throwing stones
- Loading screen transitions are now faster in many cases
- Improved layout of translator credits in landscape
- Alchemy Overhaul
- Now "a full consumable crafting system"
- Alchemical Energy
- Alchemy Guidebook
- Cape of Thorns, Lloyd's Beacon removed
- Unstable Spellbook now charges faster, has two more charges, and instead can use exotic versions of scrolls added to it, at the cost of an extra charge
- Alchemist's Toolkit added
- Master Thieves Armband now dropped normally, can be cursed
- Thieves now drop a random ring/artifact
- Scroll of Magical Infusion and Potion of Might removed from the game, replaced with alchemy
- Potion of Haste added
- Swifthistle added
- Scroll of Transmutation added and corresponding well removed
- Added 10 new runestones
- Two or three runestones can be crafted via alchemy from a scroll
- They can also drop in alchemy rooms and in special runestone rooms, as well as normally
- Exotic Potions
- Exotic Scrolls
- New Recipes
- Scroll of Teleportation
- Scroll of Mirror Image
- Scroll of Terror
- Now exactly mirrors corresponding potion
- Requires 3 energy to "cook"
- Wand of Regrowth
- Potion of Healing
- Scroll of Psonic Blast (now Scroll of Retribution)