OverviewSkillful PD is a mod based on Original Pixel Dungeon. This game adds features to Otriginal PD like:
|Skillful Pixel Dungeon|
|#20 Released mod|
- Difficulty settings
- New enemies
- New weapons
- New scrolls & potions
- Storage that holds up to 5 items that persist if resurrected by ankh
- Skill System
Given how many dislike the item degradation feature in Original PD, an option to disable item degradation from the in-game settings has been added. It can be disabled and enabled at any time should you like the challenge.
Even if you are resurrected by an Ankh, you tend to find yourself stripped form everything you had, including any scrolls or extra weapons you had saved for later. Skillful Pixel Dungeon introduces the concept of Storage.
A chest spawns in each level near the entrance and the chest stores up to 5 items that are not lost if you are resurrected by an Ankh. This also means that you get 5 extra storage spaces for those items you don't want to drop!To use: Stand on the same tile as Storage chest and click on it.
To increase replay-ability value, Skillful Pixel Dungeon introduces a difficulty system.
- Easy difficulty is suitable for any player having a hard time playing the game especially in terms of starvation. You start with 2 extra rations as well as 2 healing potions, 200 Gold and 2 Soul Crystals. There is a bonus in discovering hidden doors and traps. The champion spawn rate is set to 10% only. Mobs have Weak prefix, do 25% less damage, take 10% more damage and have 15% less HP.
- Normal difficulty is the closest to Original PD in terms of mob strength. Champion spawn rate is set to 20%.
- Hell difficulty is where things get hard. Healing potions only heal 50% of max HP and the champion spawn rate is set to 40%. Mobs have Immortal prefix, do 25% more damage, take 20% less damage and have 35% more HP. Moreover, the hero starts with 4 less max HP and gains 1 less maxHP when leveling up. Hero starts with 4 Skill points.
One of the most original features of Skillful Pixel Dungeon is the introduction of champions. Mobs are no longer static spawns but can spawn as one of four types of champions. Champion spawn rate depends on difficulty. They provide 50% more experience than their minion-counter parts and always drop an item making them a worthy hunt.
Chief champions can be recognized by their whitish halo and the prefix "Chief". They gain 100% more hitpoints and 50% more defense when compared to their minions. They have no special effect when attacking.
Cursed champions can be recognized by their blackish halo and the prefix "Cursed". They gain 50% more hitpoints and 15% more defense when compared to their minions. They weaken the hero if they land a successful hit.
Foul champions can be recognized by their yellowish halo and the prefix "Foul". They gain 50% more hitpoints and 20% more defense when compared to their minions. They poison the hero if they land a successful hit.
Vampiric champions can be recognized by their reddish halo and the prefix "Vampiric". They gain 50% more hitpoints and 10% more defense when compared to their minions. They also regenerate when doing damage.
The defining feature of this mod is the presence of skills. Each class gets unique 6 passive skills and 3 active ones that are divided into 3 branches. Active skills cost Mana to use. Skills can be tier 1, tier 2 or tier 3. Tier 1 skills cost 1 skill point to level up, tier 2 requires 2 skill points and tier 3 requires 3 skill points. Each skill can be upgraded 3 times before moving onto the next tier. You start with 2 skill points and gain 2 per level. You also gain one extra skill point by reading a Scroll of Skill.
(Format: Branch - Tier 1, Tier 2 and Tier 3)
Warriors are trained to deliver extreme damage and withstand punishment.
- Endurance: Gives the Warrior +5 maximum health with each level.
- Regeneration: Increases passive regeneration.
- Toughness: Reduces damage taken from enemy attacks.
- Firm Hand: Increases accuracy with melee weapons.
- Aggression: Increases damage done with melee attacks by 10% every level.
- Master: Equipped melee weapons act as if upgraded by a Scroll of Upgrade. Additional upgrades depend on the level of the skill.
- Smash: When active, melee attacks will deal extra damage. Damage done increases with every level.
- Knockback: When active, you'll deal extra melee damage and your attacks will knock back opponents. Damage done increases with every level.
- Rampage: When active, on top of dealing damage to the monsters you hit, you will deal damage to all mobs around you. Damage done to nearby mobs increases with each level.
Warriors in Normal Difficulty start with 11 Strength, 20 Mana and 20 Health (Keep in mind that difficulty affects your starting health)
Mages spent decades mastering their inner power and their ability to cast spells.
- Spirituality: Increases total Mana by 5 every level.
- Meditation: Increases passive Mana regeneration.
- Spirit Armor: When activated, 10% of all damage done is taken from Mana instead of health.
- Wizard: Increases the rate your wands recharge.
- Sorcerer: Increases damage done by wands.
- Summoner: Increases the amount of minions spawned by the Mage's active skills by 1 per level.
- Summon Rat: Summons a rat minion that goes after enemies.
- Spark: Hurls a ball of concetrated energy. Damage increases each level. Might be based on weapon.
- Summon Skeleton: Summons a skeleton to go after your enemies. Levelling up your summoning skills will give your pets more health and they'll deal more damage. All summoned pets lose health every turn.
Mages in Normal Difficulty start with 40 Mana, 10 Strength and 20 Health.(Keep in mind that difficulty affects your starting health)
Rogues are sneaky and agile bandits that are expert in ninja arts. They prefer attacking unsuspecting victims and using underhanded tactics.
- Bandit: Increases the amount of gold you pick up by 10% every level. From the first level this makes you also immune to the Mimic's gold steal ability.
- Stealth: Reduces the chance of an enemy detecting you. This gets more effective as you level it up.
- Lock Smith: After getting this skill, you have a 33% chance to disable a trap you walk on. Level 3 of this will make you immune to traps.
- Venom: Gives you a chance to poison an enemy on hit. Chance of poisoning increases with every level.
- Scorpion: Increases the damage poison does to your enemies. Damage increases with every level.
- Silent Death: Every level of this skill gives you a 10% chance to instantly kill a sleeping enemy.
- Double Strike: Double attack with equipped melee weapon.
- Ninja Bomb: Puts targets to sleep, does not work on bosses.
- Shadow Clone: Summons a shadow clone that fights for you. The amount of clones summoned increases with each level. While their strength also increase with each level, their strength mostly depends on your weapon. Shadow Clones cannot be attacked, but they disappear after hitting enemies a certain amount of times.
Rogues in Normal Difficulty start with 30 Mana, 10 Strength and 20 Health. (Keep in mind that difficulty affects your starting health)
- Fletching: Creates arrows with time.
- Awareness: 25% chance per level to dodge a ranged attack.
- Hunting: Creates food with time.
- Accuracy: Increases chance to hiw with a ranged weapon.
- Knee Spot: Aims for weak spots crippling targets.
- Iron Tip: Arrows continue their path through their targets.
- Aimed Shot: Stronger ranged attack that never misses.
- Double Shot: Two arrows shot at the same time.
- Bombvoyage: Attaches a bomb to a standard arrow.
Huntresses in Normal Difficulty start with 35 Mana, 10 Strength and 15 Health. (Keep in mind that difficulty affects your starting health)
The necroblade consumes the souls of the mobs it kills. The energy can be used to heal the Hero/ine. There is a small chance that these mobs will drop one:
- The Skeleton: This mob has a 3 % chance to drop one when you kill it.
- The Sad Ghost: This NPC has a 10 % chance of giving you one when you complete its quest.
- The Animated Statue: This has the greatest chance of dropping one, a whopping 20 % chance, with a 99 % chance of it coming with an enchantment.