Pedestals can be found whenever certain rooms are generated by the dungeon.
Pedestals change in appearance as you descend deeper into the dungeon.
|Sewers||This pedestal seems to be made of stone.|
|Prison||This pedestal seems to have a metal grate on top.|
|Caves||This pedestal seems to be made of metal plates that have rusted.|
|Dwarven City||This pedestal seems to have a blue spiral design on top, with lights on the side.|
|Demon Halls||This pedestal seems to have a red-ish spiral design on top, with a stained-glass painting design on the side.|
Pedestals are decorative tiles that may, or may not, have an item.
The item it usually does have is random, and depends on the room type and what's already been generated.
Pedestals are found in certain room types:
- Study (no item)
- Room of Traps (including "Chasm Vault"; random)
- Flooded Vault (varies, but usually a Food Ration, Iron Key, Golden Key, or Potion of Strength)
- Vault (usually either a ring, or a wand)
- Sacrificial chamber (sacrificial fire and then the Scroll of Wipe Out after a certain amount of sacrifices)
- King of Dwarves' Throneroom (depth 20; no item/Summoning platforms)
- depth 26 (Amulet of Yendor)