The first ever mod of Pixel Dungeon, Easy Mode was created by the PD wiki founder SirPenta in July 28th, 2014 and it is stated explicitly that it is based on version 1.7.1c of Orginal PD. As it becomes evident from its title, the player can choose between a "Hard Mode", which is actually a normal mode as it is identical to that version of Original PD, and an "Easy Mode" that has some features aimed to ease the difficulty of winning:
- Potions of Strength and scrolls of Upgrade are more common.
- Heroes start with two rations of food instead of one.
- There are slightly fewer enemies, and Goo has sligthly lower HP.
However, the high reliance on RNG inherited from the Original makes the easy mode almost as difficult as the hard mode. Both modes of Easy Mode have no degradation, as degradation was implemented in version 1.7.4, but because both modes are based on an even older version, they lack many important features of the current version of the Original PD:
- Auto-aiming with ranged weapons and wands is not available.
- Challenges don't exist.
- Identical wands cannot be merged.
- Tengu does not drop a Tome of Remastery if the class has already obtained the Tome of Mastery in a previous run.
- Berserker does not attack faster when surrounded by enemies.
- Sacrificial Chamber and the scroll of Wipe Out don't exist.
- Second quickslot doesn't exist.
- Bombs, honeypots, and weighstone items are not in the game.
- The wand of Telekinesis is still in the game, rather than the later Wand of Reach.
- Wands don't get auto-identified after 40 uses.
(for a fuller list of additions and changes made until version 1.7.1 and afterwards you can visit this link)
Note also that to to install this mod, Original PD must first be first uninstalled.