- See also: Shattered PD - Potions
Scrolls are single-use magical items with various, usually instant effects. In Shattered PD, there are 12 scrolls, and they remain mostly similar in theme, aside from various minor changes.
- Scroll of transmutation was added, replacing wells of transmutation.
- Scroll of challenge received a new effect and was renamed to scroll of rage.
- Scroll of enchantment has been reworked and turned into an exotic form of the scroll of upgrade.
- Original scroll of psionic blast was renamed to scroll of retribution. Scroll of psionic blast is now an exotic variant of the scroll of retribution.
- Scroll of wipe out has never been added to the game.
- 1 Scroll generation probabilities
- 2 Scroll of Identify
- 3 Scroll of Lullaby
- 4 Scroll of Magic Mapping
- 5 Scroll of Mirror Image
- 6 Scroll of Rage
- 7 Scroll of Recharging
- 8 Scroll of Remove Curse
- 9 Scroll of Retribution
- 10 Scroll of Teleportation
- 11 Scroll of Terror
- 12 Scroll of Transmutation
- 13 Scroll of Upgrade
Scroll generation probabilities[edit | edit source]
Whenever the game tries to generate a random scroll, the following probability table is used.
|Scroll of upgrade||0*||0.00 %|
|Scroll of identify||6||20.00 %|
|Scroll of remove curse||4||13.33 %|
|Scroll of mirror image||3||10.00 %|
|Scroll of recharging||3||10.00 %|
|Scroll of teleportation||3||10.00 %|
|Scroll of lullaby||2||6.67 %|
|Scroll of magic mapping||2||6.67 %|
|Scroll of rage||2||6.67 %|
|Scroll of retribution||2||6.67 %|
|Scroll of terror||2||6.67 %|
|Scroll of transmutation||1||3.33 %|
Scroll of Identify[edit | edit source]
|Scroll of Identify|
|This scroll permanently reveals all of the secrets of a single item.|
Identifies an item, showing its upgrade level, curses (if the item was cursed), maximum and current charges (if the item was a wand) and changing the name and description, if it was a potion, ring or a scroll.
- Exotic counterpart: scroll of divination
Scroll of Lullaby[edit | edit source]
|Scroll of Lullaby|
|Reading this scroll emits a soothing melody which will lull all who hear it into a deep magical sleep. For the reader and their allies the sleep is restorative.|
Afflicts the Hero and all enemies in sight with drowsiness, which will make them fall into magical sleep in 3 to 6 turns. The Hero can resist the effect when at full health, and taking any damage will cancel the countdown for both the Hero and any afflicted enemies.
- Exotic counterpart: scroll of affection
Scroll of Magic Mapping[edit | edit source]
|Scroll of Magic Mapping|
|When this scroll is read, an image of crystal clarity will be etched into your memory, alerting you to the precise layout of the level and revealing all hidden secrets. The locations of items and creatures will remain unknown.|
Completes the map of the entire current floor, showing all secret rooms, hidden doors and unrevealed traps. If an area on the floor has not been previously explored, it's tinted with a blue color.
- Exotic counterpart: scroll of foresight
Scroll of Mirror Image[edit | edit source]
|Scroll of Mirror Image|
|The incantation on this scroll will create two illusory twins of the reader. These mirror images act as weaker clones of the reader, and will chase down their enemies. They have no durability however, and will fade upon taking damage.|
Summons 2 Mirror Image entities that will attack the nearest enemies they see. Spawned Mirror images will appear to be wearing current Hero's armor. Upon summoning, they will appear half-transparent and be invisible to enemies until they attack one.
A Mirror Image has the following stats:
- HP =
- Armor =
- Damage = half of what the player can deal with all modifiers, such as attack speed, enchantments, buffs, rings, weapon properties etc. taken into account - rounded up.
- Evasion =
(4+Hero level+Hero evasion)/2
- Accuracy =
Hero accuracy = Hero level+9
Mirror Images are immune to fire, toxic gas and corrosive gas.
- Exotic counterpart: scroll of prismatic image
Scroll of Rage[edit | edit source]
|Scroll of Rage|
|When read aloud, this scroll will unleash a great roar that draws all enemies to the reader, and enrages nearby ones.|
Wakes up and alerts every enemy of the Hero's location on the floor. Affects all enemies in sight with amok for 5 turns.
- Exotic counterpart: scroll of confusion
Scroll of Recharging[edit | edit source]
|Scroll of Recharging|
|The raw magical power bound up in this parchment will, when released, charge up all the users wands over time.|
Grants 20 turns of recharging, slowly restoring charges to all wands and the Mage's staff. Each turn, 1∕4 of a charge is restored, meaning that 1 charge is granted per 4 turns.
- Exotic counterpart: scroll of mystical energy
Scroll of Remove Curse[edit | edit source]
|Scroll of Remove Curse|
|The incantation on this scroll will instantly strip any curses from a single weapon, ring, wand, armor, or artifact.|
Removes any curse from an item, allowing it to be unequipped, and unlocking active use functions if it was an equipped artifact.
If the item was cursed with the Curse Infusion spell, the upgrade granted by it will be removed.
- Exotic counterpart: scroll of anti-magic
Scroll of Retribution[edit | edit source]
|Scroll of Retribution|
|This scroll contains destructive energy wich channels the reader's suffering outward into a blast of power. The weaker the reader is, the more damage they will deal. At very low health this scroll can kill most enemies instantly.
Using the scroll takes a toll on the user however, blinding and weakening them.
Damages all entities in sight, giving Hero a weakness debuff for 20 turns and blinding them for at least 6 turns. Deals the more damage, the less HP the Hero has, up to maximum effectivenes around 10% of max HP.
- Exotic counterpart: scroll of psionic blast
Scroll of Teleportation[edit | edit source]
|Scroll of Teleportation|
|The spell on this parchment instantly transports the reader to a different location on the dungeon level. The scroll prioritizes areas the reader hasn't been to before, through it is not able to teleport past locked doors or barricades. It can, however, reveal hidden doors that lead to new areas.|
Teleports the user to a random location on the floor. Does not work on boss floors (depths 5, 10, 15, 20, 25) and floor 26. If a previously undiscovered tile in any non-locked place is present on the floor (indicated by black fog of war), the Hero will first be teleported into it. If a hidden room is still undiscovered, the scroll will put the Hero at the secret door location.
- Exotic counterpart: scroll of passage
Scroll of Terror[edit | edit source]
|Scroll of Terror|
|A flash of red light will overwhelm all creatures in your field of view with terror, and they will turn and flee. Attacking a fleeing enemy will shorten the effect.|
This scroll will inflict all enemies in sight with the terror debuff for 20 turns, making them attempt to escape as far away from the Hero as possible.
- Exotic counterpart: scroll of petrification
Scroll of Transmutation[edit | edit source]
|Scroll of Transmutation|
|This scroll contains powerful transmutation magic. When used on an eligible item it will transform it into a different item of the same type. The magic will even preserve upgrades, enchantments, and glyphs.|
- See also: Curse Infusion Spell
Changes an item to a different one of the same type, holding the same enchantments and upgrade levels.
- Weapons will be transmutated to a random one of the same tier.
- The Mage's staff will change its imbued wand, instead.
- Rings will change their gemstone.
- Scrolls and potions will be changed to their exotic variants and vice versa (only 1, if used on a stack of them).
- Thrown weapons will be changed to a random one of the same tier (only 1, if used on a stack of them).
- Wands, runestones and seeds will be changed to random ones.
- Artifacts will be changed into a random artifact not encountered during the run, if all artifacts were already encountered the scroll will have no effect
Armor cannot be transmutated, as there are no alternatives of the same tier.
- Exotic counterpart: scroll of polymorph
Scroll of Upgrade[edit | edit source]
|Scroll of Upgrade|
|This scroll will upgrade a single item, improving its quality. A wand will increase in power and number of charges, weapons and armor will deal and block more damage, and the effects of rings will intensify.
This scroll is even able to mitigate or sometimes totally dispel curse effects, though it is not as potent as a scroll of remove curse.
The magic of the scroll may also interfere with and erase enchantments on weapons and glyphs on armor. The chance for this begins when upgrading from +4, and will be guaranteed at +8 or higher.
Generally improves the item in one or several ways.
- Strength requirement for armors, weapons and thrown weapons is reduced by 1 extra point on each of the following thresholds: +1, +3, +6, +10, +15, +21.
- Wands will gain an extra charge with each upgrade until they get 10 maximum charges, but further upgrades will still reduce charge time.
- Enchantments and glyphs will become more effective, varying by enchantment.
- Thrown weapons will triple in their durability with each upgrade and, upon reaching 100 durability, will become effectively indestructible.
- Upgrades have a 33% chance to remove curses. However, even if they fail to remove the curse, scrolls of upgrade ARE guaranteed to "weaken" weapon and armor curses, thus allowing them to be unequpped while still leaving the curse "enchantment" intact.
- For the chance to remove enchantments and glyphs as well as general enchant-upgrade scalings, see Shattered PD Enchantments.
As this scroll is a progression item alongside potions of strength, it cannot be destroyed with fire. However, it can be destroyed by explosions and disintegration traps.
- Exotic counterpart: scroll of enchantment