Good day, everyone! Just wanted to drop by and to advertise my project. I am working on it since last year, but it was only recently released on Google Play. Here it is:
Yet Another Pixel Dungeon (or YetAnotherPD for short) is a mod which is based on Classic PD v1.7.5. It began as a small project with the goal to improve the original game here or there, but has since gradually grown into something much, much bigger.
The main feature of YetAnotherPD which makes it different from original game or any other mods is that it is mostly focused on tweaking game mechanics in order to make the game more interesting, diverse and balanced.
- Four character classes were reworked and now have different strengths and weaknesses
- Four difficulty variants, to provide adequate challenge for every type of a player
- A variety of equipment options - dual wielding, firearms, shields, and more!
- Most enchantments on the weapons and armor now are more powerful than before
- Environment now affects stealth and evasion, encouraging a more tactical approach
- All bosses have been completely or partially reworked and are now even more epic!
- New items, enemies, traps, and interactions added between them!
- Loading tips and more detailed information about items and character stats
- Improved user interface - auto-aiming, extended journal and other stuff
- Both new and modified potions, scrolls, wands, rings and other items...
- Healing, stealth, wand usage and item durability systems were reworked!
- Many old enemies gained new abilities or were moved to other parts of the dungeon
- Each chapter now contains six floors (a total of 31 floor dungeon instead of 26)
- Shops are now on every fifth level, and their assortment has become more varied
- Even more features are coming later since this project is still in development!
A few important points:
- The project is still very far from being completed at the moment. Some features and items were cut from the main game, but most of them will be brought back. Moreso, some other features that were not present in the original game will be added.
- This is my first serious project, so be prepared for experiments. The version 1.0.0 is still very far away, so be prepared for a variety of tweaks, new features, rollbacks, old features, roll-overs, the new versions of old features and much more. No kidding.
- Item upgrading, degradation and generation were heavily reworked in this mod. I am pretty sure not everyone is going to like these changes, but it is highly recommended to give it a try, since these things now work in a different way and are interconnected to each other.
Finally, I want to say that I am open to suggestions and bug reports and always happy to hear your opinion about my project, whatever it is.
So do not hesitate to contact with me on the wikia, or to PM me on the reddit or to simply send your e-mails to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for reading this, and I hope you'll like this mod!
Love this variant! It adds so much more fun and replayability. Just finished Warrior on easy. Two things: There`s a lot of loot but very little ability to identify it and curse removal scrolls are incredibly rare. This would really eff up the harder difficulties. Looking forward to future releases!
126.96.36.199 wrote: Love this variant! It adds so much more fun and replayability. Just finished Warrior on easy. Two things: There`s a lot of loot but very little ability to identify it and curse removal scrolls are incredibly rare. This would really eff up the harder difficulties. Looking forward to future releases!
Hello! I am glad to know that you like this mod.
Mind that weapons/armors usually have quite low (10%) chance to be cursed as long as they are of the appropriate chapter. If you happen to find something what is too good for a current chapter (check YAPD articles on this wikia for details), then it gets much higher chance of being cursed.
Also, don't forget that scrolls of Upgrade and Enchantment (as well as potions of Blessing) allow you to remove curses, too. Some items may require more than a single uncursing, though.
Any suggestions on how to either avoid the chances of a Succubus encounter ending up in being charmed, or how it might be dispelled? Only Invisibility potions seem to let me escape her freakishly tenacious grip that leaves me completely unable to fight or escape.
If u have good enough armor or a good shield to Larry with just stay in melee distance she won't charm you if she can attack you. Also if u use harpoon to being yourself to her you can probably crush her with melee