|Wand of Flock|
|The appearance of this wand is randomized each run.|
|Duration||3+level (sheep life)|
|Range||Distance to Solid Tile|
|Extra Effects||Spawns Sheep|
|Sell Price||50 gold|
|Generation Chance||10/113 or 8.85%|
The Wand of Flock is a wand.
Its class name in the save files is "
|Wand of Flock|
|A flick of this wand summons a flock of magic sheep, creating temporary impenetrable obstacle.|
Shooting this wand will spawn sheep at the first place where the beam hits a solid object. The Sheep can block the path, preventing an enemy from seeing, reaching, or attacking, the Hero/ine.
The Wand of Flock can be found randomly in generated levels. A random wand has a 10/113 or 8.85% chance of being the Wand of Flock
- Upgrading the wand (or a Ring of Power) will increase the number of spawned Sheep and their duration.
- The Sheep can block magical attacks (with the exception of disintegration blasts), and are widely recommended against shamans and warlocks.
- This wand is most optimally used in conjunction with a Ring of Haste.
- Carefully positioned Sheep can prevent Wraiths from spawning around the Hero/ine from tombstones.
- If you don't have a Potion of Invisibility, carefully positioned Sheep can cordon off Giant piranha in a Flooded Vault, allowing you safe passage to the guarded item. (Better, if used with Ring of Haste.)
- The Wand of Disintegration synergizes perfectly with this wand, as the Sheep serve a double purpose of protecting you and amplifying the Disintegration blast's damage.
- The Wand of Amok can be used in conjunction with this wand, forcing affected enemies to attack the Sheep instead.
- The Wand of Reach can be used strategically with this wand, by pushing Sheep around for clutch moves/saves.
- This wand is perfect against Tengu, King of Dwarves, and Yog-Dzewa:
- firing a charge at Tengu will block his shurikens and allow you to approach him safely (while also disarming his Poison dart traps),
- firing in the direction of the opposite pedestal will render the King of Dwarves relatively weak and practically harmless (as the Sheep will prevent him from summoning Undead Dwarves on the pedestal and force him to approach you without backup),
- firing at the wall directly horizontal to the Hero/ine (assuming you're in a corner) will create a safer barrier around the Hero/ine than the Larvae, when attacking Yog-Dzewa's eyeball.
- It can be used to close the distance on an enemy, to execute a surprise attack.
- the sheep summoned can be killed by abyss. BUG: And that count as killed enemy if you have dew charged moves. Thus you can harvest dews this way =) .
This chart displays the rate at which the Wand of Flock degrades at each upgrade level.
|1.9.2||Changed: Spawns fewer sheep, but they block line-of-sight and live longer.|